A few weeks ago, my friend messaged me with exciting news. She had just made her first batch of frozen Greek yogurt bars, and they were an absolute success! As a fellow lover of all things Greek yogurt, I set out to make my own bars after she shared her brilliant idea with me. Refreshing and nutritious, frozen Greek yogurt bars are easy to make and completely customizable. If you’re looking for a simple way to cool down your day, check out this recipe!
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons honey?
- ? cup slivered almonds
- ? cup fresh raspberries
- ? cup fresh blueberries
- ? cup dark chocolate chips
- ? cup heavy cream (optional, for a creamier texture)
- Put the honey and yogurt together in a bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined. Taste the mixture, and if necessary, add more honey to your desired sweetness.?
- Add the remaining toppings, and gently them fold in until they are evenly distributed.
- Line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan, and spread the yogurt out into a thin layer.?
- Put the baking pan in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, slice into bars and enjoy!
After making my Greek yogurt bars, I shared a photo of the final product with my friend. We’d used different toppings, but it didn’t matter — they all turned out delicious. As a super versatile snack, Greek yogurt bars allow for complete creative freedom when it comes to the toppings you want to add. So, grab all your favorite yogurt toppings and some parchment paper, and get moving! With the summer heat rolling in, what better way to stay cool than with some personally customized frozen treats??
Contact Kristie Lin at [email protected].